Holiday Proposal Ideas!
With the air of romance that accompanies the holiday season, what better time of year could there be to surprise your sweetie with those life-changing four little words?? We've put together several romantic proposal ideas to help with your plans - CONGRATS!
And remember, any of these ideas can be adapted to best suit your own style... and it's always an option to hire a photographer or videographer to capture the magic moment. ENJOY!
1. New Year's Eve Fireworks: Of course there are few more romantic times of the year than midnight, New Year's Eve. The symbolism is all there - the transition from past to future, and all the excitement & anticipation that goes along with that fated, Cinderella-esque stroke of the clock. Building on this romance can be unforgettable! Choose your own specific details, and make the most of all the possibilities!
- Surround yourself with a group of friends for the evening, as you go out on the town and celebrate. At midnight, as the ball drops and the two of you kiss, reveal the engagement ring and pop that question! Be sure your friends are ready to video the moment!
- Attend or host a New Year's Party; coordinate with the DJ/emcee to make an announcement and introduce you as you like - s/he can tell a story and prolong the introduction to make it mysterious & playful, or simply bring you up to the microphone so that you can handle the speech on your own.
- Choose the most romantic dinner spot, and let the night unfold!
2. Holiday Gift to Remember - this one's for those who aren't big on crowds! A hidden present, crisply wrapped and tied tight with the perfect bow, tucked beneath the menorah? Hidden in the branches of the Christmas tree? Snugly perched in a bright red stocking? The sweet anticipation of finding that little telltale gift will light your partner's smile - a beautiful holiday memory that will last for a lifetime!
3. Winter Wonderland: There are so many options to make the most of Mother Nature's gifts this season! Consider a horse-drawn carriage ride with your partner on a snowy evening, an adventure at the ice skating rink, or even a romantic walk around town as light breezes blow (maybe with snowflakes??) that add extra magic to your time together. Pick that perfect moment to ask those four little words - you can keep it very simple, or add an unexpected element such as hiding the boxed engagement ring in the hands of a snowman you've made, tucked at the most romantic pathway in the woods at the park. Have fun! Let the chill in the air bring you & your sweetheart that much closer!
4. Favorite Movie Moment: Consider watching your partner's favorite holiday movie together, and proposing during the film's most special scene, or just as the credits roll. Imagine slipping that ring on your sweetheart's finger just as it's proclaimed, "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus..." or when George Bailey tearfully embraces his wife after realizing that in fact his simple life of marriage & family is truly wonderful after all. Add to the moment by practicing in advance what your memorable dramatic line will be, such as: "Please make me the happiest man alive by saying yes..." or "You complete me." -It's okay to borrow from the great screenwriters!
5. Shopping Date Surprise: If you've already bought the engagement ring... Chat with the manager at the shop where you bought it! Chances are they'd be happy to help out with a special engagement surprise. (And if you haven't yet made the purchase, ask the clerk while you're making your final selection) With their input, you can design a fun and unique way to take your sweetheart's breath away!
- An announcement over the store intercom, calling the two of you to the jewelry counter
- A pre-wrapped signature box with the fabulous ring within
- A small ensemble of store personnel ready to add to the moment with a pre-arranged balloon bouquet, a bottle of champagne, or perhaps confetti
- Hidden group of friends in the shopping crowd, ready to join in the moment when you've officially popped the question!
6. Family Gathering: Invite your family in on the secret surprise! This of course can take place over a holiday dinner, during a traditional announcement as the toast is made. Perhaps family members will want to begin, recounting memorable stories of the two of you, as an introduction to that moment when you ask for your partner's hand. Or, your own family gathering may be different than a formal dinner... Adapt as needed! And don't be shy to ask special family members or friends for help with ideas, decor, staging, culinary delights or even special wording that might work best. Several may come forward with wonderful enthusiasm, truly excited to be a part of making your dreams come true!
7. Candy-coated Plans for the Future: Does your partner have a sweet tooth? An easy, yet endearing idea is to select a signature boxed chocolate or cupcake, and top it with the engagement ring. Boxed up, and tied with a sparkling holiday bow, it's perhaps the most delightful way to win your sweetie's heart this season! If you're wanting a new twist, consider decorating a gingerbread house of your own (or purchasing one from the local bakery) and hanging the engagement ring on a top spire, or nestling it inside a doorway or window. Indulge your partner in an unexpected scavenger hunt, midst all those gingerbread crannies and candy lanes, to find the treasure within... and you're on your way to sweet surrender!
8. Caroling, Caroling, Caroling: One sure way to make your proposal unique is to hire a small musical ensemble to surprise your sweetie. During the winter season, you might hire a group of carolers or a brass band... and plan out the evening so that everything works out just perfectly. -You & your partner enjoy an intimate dinner at home, the doorbell rings just at 7:00, and an amazingly festive group of carolers regales. Perhaps their last tune is not a Christmas carol at all, but instead "Get Me to the Church on Time." And there you have it! Or... imagine you & your partner wandering through town on a wintry evening, sipping hot cider or nibbling at roasted chestnuts. Magic & romance is in the air... and you happen upon a brass ensemble. Lingering there, you listen as they finish up their piece and then suddenly, the bandleader nods to you and says your names: "This next piece is just for you!" -And the trumpet and horn sound the call of "Here Comes the Bride" as you reveal the engagement ring.
CONGRATS on your upcoming plans!! Enjoy the Holiday Spirit, and please email us or message us on Facebook to let us know all the details!